In this age, where social media and web commerce is picking up in the Asia pacific region, it is inevitable that we need intelligent systems to keep the omni channel commerce safe. Web security is much more important in today's world than it was a couple of years back. RSA's Silver Trail solution with capabilities of advanced analytics and adaptive controls helps checking threats overshadowing web security.
Shoppers in this new age touch multiple retail points before purchasing a product. Growing confidence in online commerce is adding a lot of extra purchase points. Web transactions and linking frauds have forced online security to take the center stage. With new web security threats cropping up everyday, it becomes critical to build secured systems which are flexible and have inbuilt functionality to deal with multiple scenarios. Increased data availability for each consumer and managing or using this data to provide insightful meaning has also become critical.
The new age web security spans across multiple customer interaction points in both - Pre-authorization and Post-authorization levels in the transaction cycle. A complete web transactions starts with Browsing -> Session activation -> Logging to the account -> Transacting -> logging out. The associated risk could vary on the type of attacks like; phishing, vulnerability probing, failed registration, unauthorized account activity account takeover, fraudulent money transactions to name a few, which comes to the picture while dealing with web based commerce. These threats points are not fully covered by the old traditional solutions and lag in a lot of requirements;
- Retrospective information being available
- Static information and bad behavior not being identified on time
- Not having capability of handling big data sets.
Out of the number of web threat detection solutions, RSA's Silver Trail provides an intelligent platform with capabilities to handle bigdata.This platform provides risk intelligence and utilizes the capabilities of advanced analytics and context based visibility to detect threats, secondly it has the flexibility to have controls based on risk and level of threat.
- The Inbuild 'One-click incident' management capability and intelligent user interface provides visibility into activities on the websites across millions of concurrent user web sessions.
- It's functionality of 'Streaming analytics' is designed to offer click-by-click threat scoring, providing a risk-based behavioral output helpful in detection and mitigation of web threats. It uses in-memory analytics for real-time detection of attacks on websites.
- The 'Incidents' functionality within the platform allows threat detection and understand 'causes'.
- 'Smart user Interface' has capability of bigdata visualisation with interactive features to prioritise threat detection and generate lists of suspicious IPs, users.
Silver Trail is an important component for RSA's anti-fraud and enterprise security portfolio, helping etailers to analyse huge amounts of real-time data to detect anomalies, IT security threats, fraud, business logic abuses and other malicious activities.