LLamasoft, a rapidly growing Supply Chain solutions company, has announced its acquisition of the LogicTools business unit from IBM for an undisclosed amount. The move enhances the already robust competencies at LLamasoft in the areas of inventory and product analysis, transportation analysis, and network design while allowing IBM to continue to focus on reshaping its business towards its cloud and analytics offerings.
LLamasoft has been recognized in 2012 and 2013 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America with a CAGR of 630% between 2008 and 2012. This explosive growth has earned LLamasoft multiple awards and industry recognition such as "Vendor of the Year" by SCM world at its annual Supply Chain Best of the Best event in January 2014. To support continued growth moving forward, the acquisition of the LogicTools Suite provides LLamasoft with a powerful addition to its portfolio of supply chain optimization solutions as well as the established customer base and support network already existing and leveraging the LogicTools Suite.
The LogicTools Suite aligns quite nicely to the LLamasoft portfolio as its objective is to support improved supply chain design, optimize supply chain networks and inventory levels, improve vehicle routing and planning, and promote more efficiency production and scheduling. A key element in designing supply chains and improving supply chain performance is the ability to simulate and model supply chain performance and impact under various scenarios to support effective decision making, and this is at the heart of what LLamasoft does.
The LLamasoft product portfolio now consists of the LogicTools Suite on to of the following:
- Supply Chain Guru enables users to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network operations. Design alternatives and explore the service, performance, costs and risks associated with change, all within a single integrated software platform.
- SupplyChainGuru.com is the industry’s first SaaS-based supply chain design platform. Elevate models to the Web as enterprise-wide working documents for collaborative, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Transportation Guru integrates network design and transportation routing, enabling optimization of global transportation networks and simulation of cost and service improvements to existing transportation operations.
- Supply Chain Sherpa allows users to rapidly prototype supply chain designs using a touch-screen tablet.
- Data Guru simplifies the transformation of data for business users and creates documented, repeatable, time-saving workflows.
- Data Services provides supply chain design benchmark and reference data to reduce model building time and validate inputs and outputs against realistic standards.
By adding on LogicTools LLamasoft continues its commitment to providing leading supply chain optimiziation solutions. “This strategic acquisition further solidifies LLamasoft’s status as the clear global leader in supply chain design technology,” said LLamasoft founder, president and CEO Donald Hicks. “We’re incredibly excited to have the opportunity to serve LogicTools customers and welcome them into the LLamasoft user community — the largest community of supply chain designers in the world. Supply chain modeling is a must-have capability to survive and thrive in rapidly changing global market conditions.”
The Press Release can be seen at http://www.llamasoft.com/news/llamasoft-acquires-ibms-logictools-supply-chain-applications-business-unit/