This brief blog presents 5 key things technology suppliers must be aware of when it comes to tariffs being imposed.
1. Enterprise tech buyers are suspicious and confused about potential increases in IT prices. This will make it tough for tech vendors when it comes to renewing contracts.
2. Even for printers, price increases are inevitable as a result of tariffs imposing higher costs where profit margins are already wafer thin.
3. The IT market seems calm, but there are storm cloud ahead and a trade war increases the likelihood of a recession in the US by 2020.
4. Supply chains are about more than just factories and tech firms will find themselves faced with huge costs and disruption if they try to move facilities out of China.
5. Long term repercussions could be severe for the US if a trade war leads to a slowdown in spending on new technologies which are set to drive a wave of productivity advances.
Want to learn more about the impact of tariffs on IT spend? Watch IDC's on-demand web conference, Trade Wars: Return of the Tariffs.