Policies and Procedures
Welcome to the IDC Community! We appreciate your participation in our discussion forums, blogs, polls, and other interactive areas of the site.
Your participation in the IDC Community, including any comments, or other materials you post to our site ("your posts"), is governed by the standards described in this document. Please familiarize yourself with them. By posting on our site, you indicate that you accept our IDC Community Standards.
If we believe you have violated these policies, we may take whatever action we consider appropriate, including but not limited to removing the material in question or, in the case of severe or repeat violations, revoking your posting privileges or terminating your membership. Our decisions are final.
If you believe another user has violated these standards, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, and our moderators will review your report. This is a manual process, so please remember that we may not be able to edit or respond to your e-mail immediately.
Additional Requirement for Vendors
We welcome vendor participation in our IDC Community. Vendor representatives are required to disclose their affiliation when posting about their company's or their competitors' products. We may delete posts that we believe are part of a campaign by a company or its marketing or public relations agencies to promote the company's products or to disparage its competitors or their products.Although we actively monitor postings, we are not responsible for the content of any posts other than our own. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any post, and if you decide to take action as the result of information posted in the community areas, you are acting at your own risk. Each post expresses the views of the author of that particular post, not necessarily the views of IDC, the administrator or moderator of this community, or any entity associated with this Web site.
Posting Do's and Don'ts:
- Be respectful of other members (including moderators) and their opinions, even if you disagree with them. We encourage subjective opinions and discussions of individual experiences and perceptions. A difference of opinion can be expressed without insults and bullying.
- Do not use harassing, threatening, insulting, abusive, violent, discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.), hateful, hostile, obscene, profane, or defamatory language. This applies to user names and subject lines as well as to the text of your posts, and includes the use of characters such as *, #, or $ to replace letters in otherwise prohibited language.
- Do not use the IDC Community to engage in online stalking. Behavior that we believe could threaten the safety of other community members, including stalking and threats, may be reported to the authorities.
- Do not post material (including language and images) that contains pornography or is sexually explicit.
- Do not flood, spam, or post chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files, malicious code, active code, or any other materials that could damage another person's computer.
- Do not use community areas to participate in or incite illegal activity. Violations of this rule may be reported to the proper authorities.
- Do not repost something that was deleted from the community. These posts will be deleted as well, and posting privileges may be removed for members who continually repost deleted content.
- Do not knowingly post content that is false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Do not publicly post content from private messages or e-mail sent through the discussion board interface.
- Do not post any trade secrets or confidential or proprietary information that does not belong to you, and do not post any content that violates a nondisclosure agreement.
- Do not link to sites that distribute software you know or reasonably should know is illegal or is being distributed illegally. Do not post warez or cracks, and do not link to warez or cracks sites. If you see a post in the community that contains such links, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not follow the link.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an IDC representative, and do not misrepresent your affiliation with any entity. Please be aware that members may claim expertise or status (legal, medical, etc.) that they do not possess; use discretion in following any advice.
- Always remember that any personal information you reveal can be obtained and used by others. Please do not post personal information that you do not want to be publicly available, and do not post the personal information of others.
- We take copyright infringement very seriously. When posting articles, research or news reports (including IDC articles, research or news reports) for discussion, please post only a few sentences or paragraphs and include a link to the rest of the content on the original site. Do not post articles, research, news reports, or other copyrighted material in their entirety unless you have written permission from the relevant copyright owners. If you believe that an article posted in our community violates your copyright, please report the problem to us at email@example.com.
- We encourage you to suggest products and services that may answer questions or solve problems for other members. However, we do not allow posts that simply advertise a product or service, and we consider these types of posts to be spam.
- All signature files must comply with these community standards. Please do not repost the content of signature files in the body of the post.
- Do not post links to or URLs to sites that violate any of these standards.